All you need to teach a classroom full of candidates
Animated digital manual to accompany a White Frog course
Still a favourite for many, high-quality printed manuals
Electronic equivalent of a full training course
Why choose White Frog?
Long-term strategy, not just short-term need
Here at White Frog, we passionately believe that training should not be a short-term hurdle but a long-term strategic process, with the unique requirements of each individual addressed as part of the wider picture of corporate objectives. We should not attempt to give everyone the same material, regardless of their role, project, location and personal goals. Nor should we allow the development of a free-for-all where different messages are instilled by a variation of trainers and geographic locality. We don’t agree with labelling a topic as basic or advanced as this is decided by the role and requirements of the individual – what is basic to some is irrelevant to others, whilst something seen as highly advanced by one person is an essential ingredient to another.
Task-based learning with best practice processes
The result of this research and several years of development is a modular training programme which meets the varied demands of the parties involved in training and teaching. We have broken the training into independent modules which cover a particular task, process or skill. Each set of module notes is backed by slideshows, scripts, videos, recommended timings and notes for the trainer/teacher. A course can be a single lunchtime CPD session on a particular topic or it can be several days, compiled from the full list of modules across various product ranges. The agenda therefore, suits the audience and the emphasis is on BIM protocols and not always software features. We put a lot of emphasis on interoperability so an agenda could easily incorporate modules on several products and how information flows between them.
Truly blended learning with multiple formats
In defining the specification of our courseware, White Frog drew on the extensive experience of our principle authors, but also researched the perspectives of our target audiences. It was clear that we had a number of very different perceptions in terms of the deliverable of a training strategy and that consistent flexibility was the key. This may sound like an oxymoron but the opposing principles of Consistency and Flexibility form the core fundamentals of our offering.
We had to demonstrate flexibility in the course agenda, but consistency in the messaging and protocols; we had to offer flexibility in the training delivery method but consistency in the curriculum; user access to the end product had to be flexible in nature yet consistent in content; finally, our trainer support has to be flexible enough to accommodate different trainers with varying experience, whilst maintaining consistency for the delegate.
Unsurpassed trainer resources
In addition to the delegate courseware books, White Frog produces a package of trainer resources to accompany and assist in the delivery of the course.
Each module is a self-contained unit with image rich resources, typically they include slideshows and trainer scripts for the trainer to introduce the topic, which is covered in greater detail in the lecture portion of the delegate manual. A hands-on task based exercise script is then used to reinforce the theory and this is augmented with a drawing indicating the end goal of the exercise and a video which shows the exercise being completed step by step.
All material has been prepared in line with the AEC (UK) BIM Protocols for Revit to ensure that industry-recognised best practice is instilled from the outset.
This material has been produced to the highest quality to ensure a thorough understanding of the topics in relation to real-world usage and established best practice.
The techniques and methodologies discussed within these modules are constantly adapted and updated to keep pace with the latest developments in the software and the workplace, with advice often devised and revised in the process of working alongside some of the largest design and construction companies in the world.
All of our programmes are developed with both the trainer and the student's interests at heart, we provide them both with high quality resources to ensure successful results. Trainer resources are available on subscription for metric and imperial versions, these include
1. Trainer Notes – these scripts contain valuable information as provided by our professional trainers, ensures you have a meaningful message to deliver when presenting the slideshows
2. PowerPoint Slides – to support all of the lectures. These are not simply bullet-pointed lists of topics but graphics and information designed to complement the messaging and concepts. This book contains a snapshot of each slide so you know what is coming up next
3. Lecture Datasets – primed to show various principles. Some of the modules come with a trainer file on which to demonstrate the topics
4. Exercise Datasets – start, intermediary and end result files for each exercise (where relevant) have all the required components pre-loaded and ready for your delegates to run through the tasks. Where an exercise runs through several features with an ongoing model, then the intermediary files allow any mistakes to be washed away and the delegate can continue
5. Exercise Videos – show a user running through each exercise in real-time. They can be used as part of the lecture to explain certain topics or they can be used simply to demonstrate the upcoming exercise